For who is the Slalom
The slalom series is for those slalom pilots who want to win races against friends or in the PWA slalom series. At this moment we have a three board set-up. In the beginning of 2014 we will introduce a 5 board set-up. This set-up will give you more possibilities in choosing the right board for your skills, weight and sail setup.
Shape & Philosophy
Beveled Double Concave Hull- unique beveled double concave design with parallel centre channel to minimize chop impact effects and reduce rail pressure, resulting in the smoothest ride on the market, without adding drag. The Slalom boards are easy to sail and can carry a wide range of sails.
- Chine Cutaways- 3 major benefits over conventional cutouts: increases active surface area when getting planing, loosens trim at higher speeds allowing higher maximum speeds, and acts as trim tabs when the board might otherwise be tail-walking. Results in an incredibly fast, stable and free trim on the water.
- Increased Length- longer available waterline for superior low speed performance, lull gliding, and gybing exit. Lower impact angles at high speed in chop for smooth, controlled trim in rough conditions.
- Parallel Outline- for cleaner chop penetration. Pin Tail- for snap turns and low wake generation resulting in lower drag.
- Advanced Rail Design- rail shapes designed for ultra-clean release resulting in a dry ride, but with deep engagement during gybing for a dependable, stable carve.
- Deck Concave- subtle use of deck concaves to stiffen up the deck surfaces without adding extra weight.
- Ultra Profile- Ergonomically engineered foot profiles- designed for maximum comfort when driving the rail in the most neutral position, and allowing for maximum steering range through the feet.
- Vario-Inserts- provides adjustable strap spacing to cater for use with boots, or bare foot riding, along with options for forward and rear placement and spacing catering for all shapes and sizes.
- Globally Matched Curves- Outline, rocker and bottom shapes are optimized in unison with advanced in-house developed 3D computer design software to maximize stability and performance over the largest range of conditions.
- Optimized Material Placement- composite matrix of the highest quality materials to optimize stiffness, durability, and damping so that you get the best possible sailing experience.
- Learn more about the shape and technology here.
Mistral Slalom 112 test by boards Windsurf magazine (UK).
Shaper Chris Lockwood
|Board||Vol.||Len.||Width||Constr.||Fin||Rec. Sail size|
|Slalom 91||91||249||57||Carbon Glass sandwich||no fin||5.0 – 7.0|
|Slalom 112||112||249||68||Carbon Glass sandwich||no fin||5.5 – 7.8|
|Slalom 120||120||249||75||Carbon Glass sandwich||no fin||7.0 – 9.2|
|Slalom 137||137||249||82||Carbon Glass sandwich||no fin||7.0 – 10.0|
|Slalom 143||143||249||85||Carbon Glass sandwich||no fin||7.8-11.0|
There are no reviews yet.